Friday, July 24, 2009

New home! Mendoza!!!

WOW. All I can say is wow. Our group left Buenos Aires today for Mendoza where we will be for the next 5 months. My host mom picked me up from the airport and one of her very close friends came as well to pick up another student. More or less I now have a "cousin" for the rest of the trip who will be very close by. Soledad (or Sole for short) lives in the center of the city on the 6th floor of an apartment building. Her apartment is ADORABLE!!! I have my own room with a huge closet and almost have everything put away. Dinner was AMAZING! Chicken, vegetables, salad, bread, and a very good local beer. It was very relaxing especially after another long day of traveling.

Since last night was our last night in Buenos Aires, a bunch of us hailed a "Radio Taxi" and went out to the bars. But, since it was Thursday there weren't many people out. We did run into a big group from the Buenos Aires program and some of my friends from school. Night life here is very different then in the US, clubs don't even open until 2ish and stay open until 7am. Then there are after parties from 8am until 3pm! Of course we had a busy day ahead so I was back at the hotel and in bed by 3am. :)

This morning we checked out of the hotel and took the bus to the North side of town where Buenos Aires got its reputation for being the Paris of South America. The buildings are beautiful and very old. We visited a famous church and the HUGE cemetery next door where Eva Perón is buried. It was wonderful! Then we had an amazing lunch and left for the airport. By time time we got to Mendoza it was about 9pm. Dinner here is SO late!!!

We don't have plans for the weekend except to spend time with our families and get to know them. My spanish seems to be getting better all the time and it is harder and harder to switch back and forth between the languages. I'm starting to think in spanish and have to translate it to english before writing. :)

Anywho, I'm really looking forward to the next few months here and all the adventures that will come with them. I hope that everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment