Monday, November 30, 2009

Exams, Home work, and VERY little sleep...

Hey everyone! Here comes the next addition in my attempt to catch up!

Monday began bright and early as I still had to finish writing responses to this week's home work assignment for history. However I finished with just enough time to get ready and go to class. Once there I immediately asked myself why I had gotten up early to make it to class "on time". The professor was of course about 30-45 minutes late as well. He then collected all our assignments and proceeded to call every student by name through the list to observe how many absent days they had acquired and if they were eligible to participate in the class still... Here if you miss more than 25% of the classes you fail the class and have to take it again. For history that meant more than 6 missed classes and it was amazing to me that the approximately 35 Argentineans we had started with were down to less than 15!!! At any rate, we spent the rest of class going through and analyzing students. He didn't even bother to look at the 8 of us and we left shaking our heads and wondering why we had bothered going to class...oh yeah, to turn in our assignments. :( As usual it was off to spanish class. We're down to just 2 more after today and then the final. I can't believe its almost over. Feels like just yesterday that we had arrived from BA and were trying to find our way to spanish class during the first week (remember how frustrated I was with the busses? How much time I spent waiting on them?). After class I went immediately home to work on studying for Sociology. With all the history over the weekend, I hadn't had much time to study for my huge exam! If I pass this exam with a 78% or better and pass at least 75% my class work I won't have to take the oral final!!! Therefore, lots of enticement to study. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) Sole had a couple friends over for dinner (including my uncle Fernando) so I didn't get quite as much studying done as I would've liked before dinner. It was absolutely delicious! We had some type of fish with a white sauce on top, mushrooms in a white wine sauce on the side, bread, and salad. It was SUPER good! Right after dinner it was off to bed for me.

I woke up Tuesday morning and managed to get some studying done before heading off to Development class at the office. As my schedule has gotten gradually busier with the extreme amount of studying, I have begun taking the trolley more often and walking less in order to save time. Its also hard to convince myself to walk when its in the 80's or 90's outside. Class went pretty smoothly. We're talking about the period of Peronism, which I find fascinating, so it was a good class. Then it was straight back home to eat and study. I missed my siesta studying and then went to class hoping that I had prepared enough for the exam. We reviewed a few things before beginning and then the prof handed out our tests... I felt like it went pretty well, but I can never be sure. I know I lost a few points (left one space blank) but overall I felt like it was a decently easy exam. Now I just have to wait for the results... After we met with our group quickly to work out details of the project and headed for home. Christa and I are going to meet on Thursday afternoon to complete our part and mail it in. Hooray for doing an entire project through e-mail! After the exam I went home to work on my final project for Childhood. With all the other work this week, I hadn't even started it! I have a presentation and paper due tomorrow and haven't even started it. The good news was that I had my topic: Child Labor (focused on Argentina). After a good few hours of researching, pasting photos, word, and powerpoint, I was finally finished at 3am!!! Nearly an all-nighter here in Argentina. I went to bed exhausted and knowing that my alarm would ring WAY too soon!

I was up Wednesday morning around 6:30. :( Class was good though to see all the presentations and then I stayed at the office for a bit reading and working more on history timelines... Then it was off to spanish, which went as usual and had nothing super exciting. Then I went home for a nap and even skipped lunch to get a longer nap before Tango. Tango was nothing exciting (although our professor was back). She gave us more theory and technique notes for the exam and we continues practicing basic steps. At the end I was EXHAUSTED and only wanted to go home and sleep. Which I pretty much did. Sole had to work late, so we didn't eat until pretty late. I was practically asleep on the couch when they called me to dinner.

Thursday I woke up and dragged myself to history. Then it was back home for a quick lunch before going to my last volunteering session. :( I can't believe its over too! I am really going to miss these cute kids! We had fun playing with them and coloring to practice english words. Then I rushed home to meet with Christa in a cafe to work on our part of the sociology project. We managed to finish in a decent amount of time with the help of a few snacks and ICED coffee!!! Then I went back home to sit infront of the tv and relax! I watched a few shows with Sole and then headed to bed to catch up on all the sleep I've missed. It was nice to sleep in and since I did not have TOO much going on the next day.

In the next update look for all the details of our San Rafael getaway!

Have a great week!!! I hope to hear from you all soon.

All my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment